Sunday, October 7, 2012

RUN. run your heart out.

"You're off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting. so get on you way." -Dr. Suess
Everyone has a mountain... or twelve. You can do one of two things: sit at the bottom & complain about it, or get off your sorry bottom & climb it with a smile on your face. I can't run. that's a fact known to all mankind mmmk? Like I'm pretty sure I know of 80 year olds that can run better than I can. Lately I've been trying to run at least one mile each day. Some days I run 4, some days I can barely run 1. & some nights, when the weight of the world is on my shoulders & I feel like I hate everyone, I can run 6 or 7. haha It just depends. (sometimes we end up just running to maverick for sodas... but hey at least we tried.) For some reason when I'm running through frustrated tears murmuring to myself the entire way, I seem to do better...? I guess I feel like I am multi-tasking while I'm running... you know? getting over a couple "mountains" at the same time? When I'm running I have time to clear my mind. I think about the things that are going on in my life. I think about where I would like my life to go, why I'm not good enough & where I went wrong. I have time to think about the problems in my own life that need to be solved. They say running is cheaper than therapy. Now that's a statement I live by. We all have our problems. How we solve them is up to us. & our attitude towards them is up to US. No, we aren't all perfect. Sometimes I throw fits & act like a 2 year old girl when faced with a problem... (alright, most of the time..) but I know how I could & should handle things. It's just a matter of what we do. It's a matter of how we react to a certain text message, fight with a friend, less than happy news, or menstrual cramps. We all have our mountains. How will we chose to climb them? How will we decide to handle the many curve balls life throws at us? What will you do with your mountain? How will you climb it? It's all up to you.
oh p.s. conference was WONDERFUL. hearing the words of our church leaders is always a comforting event.




No comments:

Post a Comment