Monday, July 16, 2012

For my friend, Brian

Dear Brian,

I want you to know, since I never had the chance to tell you, that you were like a big brother to me. One of the many valiant young men who influenced my life. I remember being so happy to be able to drive around & "hang out" with the older kids when you guys needed a ride from my sister :) haha To be able to be in the car with you, Derek, Jeremy, Carlisle, Kyle, and the gang was always so much fun. You boys were crazy! I loved being able to look up to you, Hayden Callaway, Brian Mecham, Wyatt & Austin Ercanbrack and all of the boys. In church it meant the world to me when you guys would be nice to me and treat me like a little sister. You were always so much fun. Such a loving, kind, light-hearted kid. My family loves you so much. I remember when I was younger my cousin Sierra & I would "jump" on my tramp and watch you mow the lawn with your shirt off! hahaha Looking back now I realize you knew we were spying on you... but back then we thought you had no idea! We would always go with Kaci to one man band diner so that we could see you and talk to you and Kyle. You started "Fuzzy Fridays" when you would "fuzz" everyone's hair up at school and on the bus hahaha. You taught me how to eat my cheese fries the RIGHT way. you gotta take the fries and paper OUT of the basket and lay them on the table before you eat them. You always made us laugh. Your smile could light up an entire room. I'm so glad that you got to serve a mission. I was so proud of you when you went. When you got back all you could talk about was going back to Georgia. They must of just loved you there! You are and always have been a missionary to me and my family. You influenced the lives of so many of your friends. I couldn't help but burst into tears as I was watching the video on the last blog update about your health. The page views are growing by the second. So many people love you and were touched by your sweet spirit. Heavenly Father loves you and welcomes your presence in Heaven.  You are loved by all Brian Kelley. We are all heart-broken, but I know that God must need you up in Heaven right now. I'm sad that we never had the chance to see each other again after you got home from your mission, and I hope to see you again someday. I'll be praying and fasting for your family/friends. Love you Brian. Rest in Peace my sweet friend.

Love, Saige
My dad's sign

No comments:

Post a Comment