Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What you know about RETAIL THERAPY?

I think it's safe to say that both male and females have used retail therapy to cope with their problems. I think I have spent $300 shopping & $140 online shopping in the past month. EEK! someone stop me. take away my credit card! no actually, don't. because honestly, I feel so much better about life when I fill my closet up with stupid crap that I'll never wear. it's so fulfilling! But then I have days like today where I'm at the D.I. just for kicks looking for overalls for my Mario costume. & it hits me that I should be buying these cheap clothes & giving them to poor people! I'm just like, wow I love D.I.! I want this ugly sweater! and these awesome grandma kicks! & then I realize that some people don't have anything at all.... & it breaks my heart. Here I am asking the lady at the register if she can take down my phone number & call me when the next pair of sweet overalls come in... when I realize how terribly awful I am! I need to be more hospitable & wise with my money. I need to be less selfish & more caring. I need to think about others more! gosh dangit. what is my problem? I spent 200 dollars at Pacsun yesterday because I wanted to look good & make my sorrows disappear while there are people living on the streets starving & freezing at night. I mean, of course I believe in working for your own right to live & earning your place in this world, but sometimes you just have to take a step back & realize that what you are doing probably isn't necessary. My paycheck could have been spent in a much better way, or saved for something more important. So... the moral of the story is: those awesome colored skinnies I bought might fill my closet, but they won't fill the cracks of my heart. I thought spending tons of money on myself would make me feel better but it actually made me feel worse. On that note, it's time to get ready for work. (grateful to have a job!!!)  so I love you all. I hope you do something great & make a difference in the world today! (even if it's something small like saying hi to a stranger or telling someone that you appreciate them)

No comments:

Post a Comment