Monday, June 4, 2012

It's a Pillow, It's a Pet, It's a PILLOW PET.

These days we've got "Cuddle-uppets" (blankets that are puppets), pillows that are pets, & slippers that have ears (stompeez). What the crap?! What happened to the good old days when a blanket was a blanket, a pillow was a pillow, & slippers weren't gay? {I'm not going to bash on snuggies though, because those are rad. I don't care who you are.) What about plants that are people? (chia pets) those were cool.... or babies full of beans haha. Bears that you can doodle on? Little animals in the palm of your hand? (I had 2 tomagotchis that I loved with all of my heart.. before they died.) Don't even get me started on freaking Furby's. They scared me worse than the movie, "watcher in the woods" (also a classic). What happened to the good stuff?! Remember Sky Dancers or Polly Pockets? those were SWEET. Oh & back in the day Barbies/American Girl Dolls used to be the key to popularity. I remember my sister wanted an American Girl her entire life... & never got one. (hahahhahaha) Now it's "Bratz dolls", "Squinkies", & even Justin Beibs dolls. I mean, I love JB don't get me wrong, but I don't think I would play with the barbie doll version.. okay maybe I would now that I think about it. Never mind that though. I just wish there weren't so many ridiculous infomercials for stupid things. No, I don't want to buy a pillow that turns into a castle when you shove it inside itself. That's all. #90's love forever. oh & p.s. television shows were top notch back in the day... at least they play goosebump, spongebob, and tom & jerry still.

No comments:

Post a Comment