Sunday, March 25, 2012

Where has all my hair gone?

Shedding. I have extremely thick hair, but I swear half of it is covering my apartment. I feel bad when I find my hair all over the bathroom rug... but hey, what can I do? Maybe I'll start wearing a hairnet... ALWAYS. hmm... investigation time. Why do we shed our hair? I did some research & came up with a few different reasons why. 1) it could be damage from your blow dryer. Try not using a blow dryer every single time you wash your hair. Instead try round brushing & air-drying your hair. 2) damage from a straightener/curling iron is another huge reason why hair falls out. Too much heat processing & harsh chemicals cause thinning 3) Maybe you're just Lady GAGA & you do ridiculous things with your hair like using too much hair dye or making a hat out of your hair
4) vitamins!! I have found that I don't lose as much hair when I am taking vitamins regularly. i.e. biotin, prenatal 5) It could also be a bad diet {anorexics, or those with poor diets often lose large amounts of hair} 6) Maybe try a new shampoo! If you have a serious hair thinning issue, maybe rogaine is the answer for you.
I feel sorry for my roommates because I am such a shedd. haha If you are a shedd, do something about it. The people you live with will appreciate it. haha but really...


shedd

A shedd is that hairy roommate and/or suitemate who clogs up the shower drain and forces someone else to clean up his hair in the toilet, sink, and/or shower. Typically a derogatory term of endearment and tolerance with a twist of annoyance.

No comments:

Post a Comment