Thursday, May 3, 2012

FREEDOM


Freedom - a poem by me

free from the rapture of educational enforcement
free as the soft wind in the spring
free from the pressure of social endorsement
free as the old, worn down tire-swing

free from the tight grip of society's hold
free as the bee from my classroom this morning
free from the world's glorified, generic mold
free as the bee who was killed without warning
(& yes, I was the killer of the bee... with my shoe. I don't feel bad.)

free from conformists surrounding this place
free as the water that flows constantly
free from my habitually used 'poker face'
free as the shade of a favorite tree

freedom from things has great value, free things do as well;
My freedom as now, is from the school bell.

dear readers, college was fun. I learned a whole bunch. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything... except maybe winning the lottery. Conformity was all around me. I like to stand out. I like to be heard. at the same time though, don't expect me to break through my shyness and fear of 'the people'. at times I am shy and at times I am known. (I can be a pretty loud, obnoxious beast) To know when to shine and to know when to blend is one of the many things I have had to learn through my college experience.


"Be a friend when you are needed, an observer when you are not. Always be kind & keep your head up Hot-shot."


I am now free to go on with my life & do as I please. I am free to do just about anything. (walk around the house naked since I won't be around 5 other girls.. okay that's a lie. I already do that anyway.) I can use a plate and not worry about upsetting someone's personal 'possessions'. I can make a phone call without a third party. I can have my own outlet for my blow dryer AND my straightener. I can pee with the door wide open again! Life is good. freedom is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment