Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The "SHAKE OUT" drill

Over 930,000 Utahns practiced "drop, cover, & hold on" at 10:15 a.m. this morning in The Great Utah ShakeOut, the largest earthquake drill in utah history! & the best part about this drill was that it involved colleges as well. Grown men & women were found this morning retreating underneath their little desks. hahaha I was asleep (in my bed at home) during the drill at my school, but I think it's hilarious. I mean, I may not be the brightest bulb on the vanity but I do remember what to do during an earthquake. I'm pretty sure we all learned in 1st & 2nd grade. & to be honest, the earthquake we are supposed to experience in Utah is supposed to be life-changing. I don't think a dinky desk is going to protect us. Buildings will most likely collapse & we will all die. But hey, I guess every bit of awareness helps. DROP, COVER, & HOLD ON folks!! Rather my advice to you would be, run to a church & start praying... because it's going to be HUGE. With my luck I'll be sitting on the toilet when it happens. p.s. it's shark week again 

No comments:

Post a Comment